Forums
LETSWAR! www.letswar.com :: Forums :: CURRENT SERVERS! :: LW!OldSchool|CTF*

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
More bullets in magazine of weapons
Go to page  1 [2]
Moderators: LW!Hans*, LW!DaMau, LW!LolZer, Tr0uble, LW!G-MAN*, kozzy, LW!Curly*, Hitec, #AngelDust#, LW! Pompey Assassin, LW!Pappa, Veni, Spitfire, LW!gooberman, brianhodge, LW!Gumby, LW!ShortFuse|6*|HOL|EU, LW!Snowy*, shep, LemonsDad, LW!Pvt.Arture*, LW!L@R$, five, Bill4Real
Author Post
LW!Pvt.Arture*
Sun Aug 06 2017, 06:22pm

Registered Member #80
Hansyboy, can you claim the server on gametracker? Many players asked about it, cos they want to track the player's stats. Thank you.
LW!SgtRock
Mon Aug 07 2017, 06:22am
LW!SgtRock
Registered Member #668
LW!Pvt.Arture* wrote ...

First, that could be only for 2-3 days, only to check if teams will be more equal

But which two or thre days? How would auto assign make teams more equal other than in player numbers? It won't be able to assign based on skill level.

LW!Pvt.Arture* wrote ...

Second, Rock, I respect your opiniom but please propose any suggestion how to avoid uneven teams. The easiest way is to say I dont agree

A debate is based around people who either agree or disagree with a proposal.
If you wanted counter propsals you should have said so

The only way to even out teams is to reduce the efficiency of a weapon for a player who gets past a certain score that leaves everyone else behind. But doing that penalises those with gretaer skills.

In truth, who cares about uneven team ability, thats is one of the variables in real wars, conflict between veteran and green troops happens. One side has to loose.

Omega4
Mon Aug 07 2017, 09:47am
Registered Member #466
Ranking GMI is the file to edit to decide on extra ammo allocation.

You could make it so Artillery is given out more towards the end of the map to limit excessive artillery strikes

Or maybe weapon based allocation for artillery. Bolts and Snipers would only get it?

The AFK Kicking script can be found in Project Ares Mod (PAM).

As for respawn delay, 6-8 seconds is fine. Any more then 10 will drive away traffic.
LW!Hans*
Mon Aug 07 2017, 10:28am

Registered Member #1
I appreciate the feedback. All of the idea have been proposed and tried and tested over the years. respawn times that short would aggravate flag grabbers. mappers create maps according to respawn times. lowering the respawn time can have a dramatic effect on playability. When we shorten respawn times, we hear a lot of complaining. So much so, it disrupts the game. I don't see the respawn time as an issue we need to work on right now. i think the rank up right now is good. no nades, smoke or satchel at rank 0. 1 nade at rank 1. nade and smoke at rank 2. two nades, smoke and satchel at rank 3, two nakes, smoke, satchel, and arty at rank 4 which requires 60 points rather than stock 40, which greatly reduces the amount of arty given. I haven't seen any issues with excessive artillery. Auto assign has been tried before. People hate it. it's a very unpopular option and populations will suffer. I would advise against this change. team balance has always been an issue in ctf. not an easy one to fix. auto balance is embedded in the game so we would have to hack the actual game to change that. Probably not going to happen unless we have a coder to crack the game. It's been tried to no avail i'm afraid. AWE has afk kicking installed. it works but it's tricky because players will get kicked for defending the flag, because they camp at a spot within the kicking parameters, and that kinda sucks, especially if you have a ground gun. Everyone has a bolt in our mod, and their is no distinction for sniper, so I don't see that working for artillery. lowering someones weapons damages because they have a high score is not a good precedent to set in any situation. all good ideas, but most have been tried before and they never seem to work out the way that it sounds like they would. kind of like spawn killing. it's always going to happen in cod.
Also. There is a three trip limit. when three are set you can't lay any more till one blows up.

[ Edited Mon Aug 07 2017, 05:36pm ]
LW!TwistedSwede
Tue Aug 08 2017, 04:40am
Micke
Registered Member #49
I Remember when we had arty at 40 Points....thats were awfull. More then half teams, sometimes 10 on each side had arty. Gamekiller.

Ty Hansy for all your effort! GJ!
LW!Pvt.Arture*
Tue Aug 08 2017, 08:16am

Registered Member #80
LW!SgtRock wrote ...

LW!Pvt.Arture* wrote ...

First, that could be only for 2-3 days, only to check if teams will be more equal

But which two or thre days? How would auto assign make teams more equal other than in player numbers? It won't be able to assign based on skill level.

LOL no matter which days... Any two days... eg weekend when there're the most players. As you know some players play better some worse... and always is the group of players who wait which team choose becouse they want to join "the stronger" team... maybe if would be only autoassign people wont bother wchich team choose.

LW!SgtRock wrote ...

LW!Pvt.Arture* wrote ...

Second, Rock, I respect your opiniom but please propose any suggestion how to avoid uneven teams. The easiest way is to say I dont agree

A debate is based around people who either agree or disagree with a proposal.
If you wanted counter propsals you should have said so

The only way to even out teams is to reduce the efficiency of a weapon for a player who gets past a certain score that leaves everyone else behind. But doing that penalises those with gretaer skills.

that sounds so amazing that even funny )

LW!SgtRock wrote ...

In truth, who cares about uneven team ability, thats is one of the variables in real wars, conflict between veteran and green troops happens. One side has to loose.

hmm, I think you are only one of few who doesnt care about even teams... Ask people on the server or our friends as Fuzo, Jaro, Lars how much fun is when teams are almost equal! but that one side has to loose is so obvious but game is good when ends 5-4 but not 5-0 after very quick game

LW!SgtRock wrote ...

I dont agree with the auto sign suggestion, I prefer to play axis whenever I can.

btw: I saw you played many times on allies side in last days (but you hadnt to choose them) so your prevoius argument is also funny )
LW!Pvt.Arture*
Tue Aug 08 2017, 09:18am

Registered Member #80
LW!Hans* wrote ...

I appreciate the feedback.

And we appreciate your effort Hansy and thank you again for remain the server alive. Rotation is enough good, many small custom maps but now we have the times that cant put bigger maps to rotation and still remain the high population on the server especially in mid-day. Maps added to rcon are also very good, admins can always change map for bigger.

LW!Hans* wrote ...

All of the idea have been proposed and tried and tested over the years. respawn times that short would aggravate flag grabbers. mappers create maps according to respawn times. lowering the respawn time can have a dramatic effect on playability. When we shorten respawn times, we hear a lot of complaining. So much so, it disrupts the game. I don't see the respawn time as an issue we need to work on right now.

yes, you completely convinced me. I played few days ago on any other server when respawn was about 6 sec and there werent so many people so game was very dynamic and when I often grab the flag from base and even died carried the flag, I respawned very quickly so wasnt punish for risky game. But yeah, that can work only sometimes... in a long time that will be annoying if ppl are respawn so quickly.

LW!Hans* wrote ...

i think the rank up right now is good. no nades, smoke or satchel at rank 0. 1 nade at rank 1. nade and smoke at rank 2. two nades, smoke and satchel at rank 3, two nakes, smoke, satchel, and arty at rank 4 which requires 60 points rather than stock 40, which greatly reduces the amount of arty given. I haven't seen any issues with excessive artillery.

yes, after your last change the rank up is very good. Some players asked about smoke at the start but I rather dont agree cos only on few maps smoke at start can be necessary (coliseum, minister), on much more maps it's horrible when at start 10-15 players use the smoke. Artillery at 60 points is optimal but waiting 90 sec to use it is a bit too long in my opinion (60 sec is enough).

LW!Hans* wrote ...

Auto assign has been tried before. People hate it. it's a very unpopular option and populations will suffer. I would advise against this change. team balance has always been an issue in ctf. not an easy one to fix.

I remember these time when we (Relentles, Trouble and few more) tested & discussed about auto assign, but then I also remember how Relentless "forced" LW members & other regular players to join the weaker teams ) No any teamglitching for what people were kicked immediately.
But ok, that was only my suggestion to check it in 2-3 days if it can change sth or not. Ofc if people still hate autoassign and population will suffer so we shouldnt set it on the server.
Now the problem is that we (LW members) also join the team stack...

LW!Hans* wrote ...

AWE has afk kicking installed. it works but it's tricky because players will get kicked for defending the flag, because they camp at a spot within the kicking parameters, and that kinda sucks, especially if you have a ground gun.

well, on DH it's working a little diffrent... when you are afk (or much more often you are 999) the "console" ask you about AFK, if you're not afk then you must to press X button and you can still camp in the same place lol

LW!Hans* wrote ...

Everyone has a bolt in our mod, and their is no distinction for sniper, so I don't see that working for artillery. lowering someones weapons damages because they have a high score is not a good precedent to set in any situation. all good ideas, but most have been tried before and they never seem to work out the way that it sounds like they would. kind of like spawn killing. it's always going to happen in cod.

I fully agree.

LW!Hans* wrote ...

Also. There is a three trip limit. when three are set you can't lay any more till one blows up.

Thanks for it. Yestarday you can hear on the server how many players are against trips. But after you changed in rank up (2 nades are available at 30 points) and now when you have reduced trips to 3 per team I think the problem is solved. It's very good in my opinion.
LW!TwistedSwede
Wed Aug 09 2017, 03:59am
Micke
Registered Member #49
I totally agree with Arture about 60 sec arty!

[ Edited Wed Aug 09 2017, 04:00am ]
LW! Pompey Assassin
Fri Aug 11 2017, 07:20pm

Registered Member #34
It's very difficult as we all know to please everyone.

For me...spawning without a single nade is painful for certain maps, today on Dawnville....once the flag was taken, the German team who spawned in the bottom right corner (or left looking from apposing team) of the map had pretty much Zero chance of getting the flag back, unless 1 teammate happened to be in the middle of the map.

Once I had a nade a few times I was able to spawn ..run to the middle and throw my nade to kill the flag carrier.

Tough call ....

one thing I really like is the 3 trip addition..gj

Next we need a pistol only map...Hansy work your magic pls

[ Edited Fri Aug 11 2017, 07:24pm ]
Go to page  1 [2]  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF